My practice is all about helping individuals, businesses, and attorneys determine or resolve questions of value.
So when it comes to consulting with you about your valuation reports or special projects, it’s not my first rodeo.
Report Review Service
For better or worse, our professional reputations come down to the reports we deliver. And, frankly, there’s just too much liability involved not to have your report reviewed by a third party. If you are wondering if I can help you, ask yourself:
Do I need a second set of eyes to review my draft report?
- I can be your “first partner” review.
Do I need it completed within a reasonable time frame?
- My turnaround is guaranteed within 3 business days.
Do I need it done at a reasonable cost?
- My price is a fixed fee based on report complexity.
Sounds pretty good so far, right? Especially if you are a sole practitioner or work at a small firm and don’t feel there is a qualified person there to review your report.
Here’s how my report review service works:
- You submit your report in PDF format.
- I review your report and email you comments about areas of possible adjustment in your application of assumptions, data, methodologies, etc.
- We hold in a 1-hour follow-up conference call to discuss my comments in detail.
So you see, obtaining assurance about your report’s credibility doesn’t have to be a daunting, time-consuming, expensive task. And, of course, I hold our working relationship in strict confidence.
Rod provided a very thorough business valuation review with helpful insights on key technical issues described in my draft report. He was timely with his responses, sensitive to the deadline with my client and saved me time that would have been necessary for reviewing my own work. As a sole practitioner, I highly value the opportunity to have objective feedback – especially from someone as talented and experienced as Rod. Not only do I strongly recommend his services, I’m in the process of engaging him again.
– Bill Howell, ASA, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA
Special Project Consulting
During my career, I’ve discovered that my Unique Ability® is identifying and avoiding potholes … figuratively speaking, of course. It’s why I offer project consulting services for appraisers who want to carry the laboring oar, but need some help with specific projects at a deeper level.
Here are some examples of the type of consulting services I have performed:
- Economic overviews and their affect on the valuation.
- Industry outlooks and their affect on the valuation.
- Completed transaction methodology.
- Cost of capital analysis and support.
- Discount analysis and support.
- Valuation strategy discussions.
- Preparation of reports, schedules, and exhibits.
The work papers, electronic files, and other materials I gather or create during my engagement are your property. And, of course, I hold our working relationship in strict confidence.
You can download my draft project consulting engagement letter for all of the details and contact me if you would like more information.
I consider Rod to be one of the thought leaders of our profession. He is ethically strong and intellectually sound in his work and a pleasure to do business with. I have known Rod personally and professionally for years and recommend him highly in all respects.
– Ron Seigneur | Seigneur Gustafson, LLP