COMING IN 2017! Distance learning programs for busy BVFLS professionals that will grow practices and improve communication skills.
I am developing five courses to help BVFLS practitioners of all stripes and firm sizes be more efficient, effective, and profitable in growing their practices and improving how they market to prospects, clients, and referral sources:
- Practicing Solo
- Raise Your Rates
- Using Social Media to Expand Your Sphere of Influence
- Once Upon a Time: Report Writing 2.0
- Presenting Data
The first three courses are based on my experiences as a solo practitioner since July 2000, my “Practicing Solo” interviews appearing in every issue of The Value Examiner since December 2011, and successfully cultivating new projects using social media after I began my full-time RV work-life in March 2010.
The last two courses are based on the trials of preparing my own reports and reviewing reports prepared by colleagues, and they build on many previous programs that I have presented. To me, report writing is the final frontier of BV productivity and an overlooked opportunity to save time and improve realization.
What Makes My Courses Different
I regularly find myself in CPE webinars, and I feel your pain. Too much being covered in too little time in text-dense slide decks that simply can’t be absorbed. My courses will be different because:
1st, they will be taught live and offer a live video feed of yours truly. You’ll be able to see me talking to you.
2nd, class size will be limited so it will feel more like a classroom than an auditorium. And if you have a specific question you can ask it live online and get an answer right then.
3rd, your materials will include slides, templates I use in my practice, lists of suggested readings and resources, and a transcription of the program so you can relax and focus on what’s being said instead of frantically taking notes.
4th, my courses will help you make money, save money, or save time.
Why I Am Qualified to Guide You
Notice that I used the word “guide” and not “teach” or “instruct.” The former implies listening to you and collaborating on shared learning objectives and outcomes … the latter implies a talking head and collectively crossing our fingers that you “get it” and will be able to apply the training.
Also, learning takes place at the intersection of education and experience. I know I offer both:
- In one way, shape, or form I’ve been doing valuations since the late 1980s and have had my own solo practice since 2000.
- Between 1996 and 2005, I was a member of and a lead instructor for NACVA’s Consultants Training Institute.
- I missed the classroom environment and rejoined NACVA’s live and online teaching circuit in 2011.
- I am the recipient of various NACVA instructor awards, including Circle of Light and Instructor of the Year, and have been named one of NACVA’s Outstanding Members. I am also a past chairman of NACVA’s Executive Advisory Board and Education Board.
- Besides NACVA, I have spoken on valuation matters for the AICPA, ASA, ALI-ABA, state CPA societies, chambers of commerce, estate planning councils, bar associations, law firms, and private banking groups.
- I am a contributing author to Business Valuation Update, The Value Examiner, Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert, and QuickRead on the subjects of my courses.
What to Do Now
Sit tight! I will be announcing the courses as they roll out. But the best way to get the latest scoop is to sign up for my weekly newsletter (see the sidebar →).