In case you missed last week: Got a minute … I would like to pick your brain about something. Being an expert can lead to unsolicited requests for a “quick” call or meeting to pick our brain on a topic someone believes we know a lot about. What can we do?
On to this week: I don’t want you to do any more heavy lifting than you are already doing to close out 2019. But there is one simple end-of-year tidying up task that, if it needs doing, I would like you to do. Did I mention that it is simple?
And if you’re new here, welcome aboard. This is what we do!
So next Wednesday is Christmas … and the Wednesday after that is New Year’s. Guess what? I’m taking two weeks off from writing the newsletter, and I will be back on January 8. I wish all of you a happy and healthy holiday season. Thanks for letting me into your inbox!
Here it is … one simple, tidying up task: synchronize the look and feel and messaging of all of your online and offline marketing platforms.
Look at your website, your LI profile, your assorted bios and by-lines, and anything else you use to share your story. Then review things like this:
- Is your basic information current?
- Is your contact information current?
- Is your headshot current?
- Is your messaging clear?
- Are you still doing all of the things you say you can do?
If there are things that need fixing – fix them!
The key here is alignment. If your marketing platforms aren’t delivering the same message about your practice, your leads and prospects may get confused. Confused minds don’t buy. So give them a consistent experience of your practice that communicate these points:
- What you do
- Who you work with
- How you do it
- Why it matters
- What makes you different
- What have others said about you
In real life
I was going to title this newsletter “Marie Kondo your marketing platforms.” But I wasn’t sure what I was worried more about: that you might not know what that means or that you would know that I know what that means!
Cheers and Happy Holidays!
– If you like what I write about, tell a colleague.
– If something resonates and you want to reach out directly, email me.
– If you think we share common interests, connect with me on LinkedIn.
– If you want a sense of how well your practice is working for you, take this Practice Self Assessment.