Am I in the right place? What’s in this for me? Can this person solve my problem?
If you got past my home page, those are the questions I’d be asking right now. Here is my answer:
I help overwhelmed BVFLS professionals create more ‘margin’ in their practices and their lives so that they can create the experiences that matter most to them. What’s margin? It’s the combination of time, money, and freedom that makes the magic happen.
If you are looking for COACHING and have a passion for being creative and working differently …
If you are looking for TRAINING and want courses that will grow your practice and improve your communications …
If you are looking for CONSULTING and need feedback on reports you’ve prepared or help with complex valuation projects …
Then this is the place for you. And I’m the person you should be working with.
The Nitty Gritty
I am Rod Burkert, CPA/ABV, CVA, and I founded Burkert Valuation Advisors, LLC in July 2000. I’ve reinvented my firm several times since then, ultimately building a location independent consulting practice by leveraging my professional network, using social media, and exploiting technology. The result: since March 2010, I have been traveling full-time throughout the United States and Canada in an RV with my wife and our two dogs.
If you an entrepreneurially-oriented BVFLS professional looking to do remarkable things in your practice and with your life, I can help you dramatically close the gap between where you are now and where you want to be one year from now.
Why It Matters
When you strip away the hoopla – finding the work, pricing the work, doing the work – we all want our professional practices to provide a sense of purpose, satisfaction, and freedom. If you had the chance for a do-over, the ability to redesign your practice today, what would it look like?
Well, stop imagining and let’s start working together. People are talking about it, and some of it is actually good. Picture yourself being part of this community:
I’ve found your coaching to be much more valuable than I expected when I signed up, and I appreciate the personal interest you have shown in my particular situation. Thank you very, very much.
– Ted Phelps | President, Phelps Consulting Group
This is all about my qualifications …
- I started Burkert Valuation Advisors in 2000 when I felt I had accumulated the skills and confidence to open my own practice.
- Based on my experience, I began coaching entrepreneurially-minded BVFLS professionals in 2013 to mentor them in the marketing and positioning skills they can use to grow their practices.
- I am an instructor for NACVA’s Consultants Training Institute, which develops and presents professional education courses on business valuation and related practice areas.
- I was named a Pioneer of the Profession as part of NACVA’s Industry Titans awards at their June 2016 Annual Conference.
- I am a regular contributing author to Business Valuation Update, The Value Examiner, Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert, and QuickRead.
- Click here to download my CV.
This gives us something to talk about …
- I was born in Reading, PA – circa 1956.
- I have a sister, a son, a daughter, and two grandchildren.
- The best songs are the 50s and 60s oldies; I like the 80s music, too.
- I jumped out of an airplane once. I’d do it again.
- I love the aroma of the coffee aisle.
- I’m a life-long Yankees fan.
- I’ve been living/working/traveling full time in an RV since 2010.
- It really is all about the journey.
BVFLS colleagues have asked me why I chose ORANGE as my theme color.
Aren’t sites like this usually draped in blues and grays?
Yes … and that is why I chose something different.
Because I am not like everyone else!
According to color psychology, orange is fun.
It uplifts, gives confidence, and creates joy.
It is optimistic, dynamic, and radiates warmth.
It is the color of adventure and spontaneity.
And it sparks enthusiasm.
Orange is absolutely right for me.
I hope you feel it on this site as much as I do!