Am I in the right place? What’s in this for me? Can this person solve my problem?
Hi! I’m Rod Burkert. And if you got past my home page, those are the questions I’d be asking. Here is my answer … the result people get from working with me:
I help BVFLS professionals create more ‘margin’ in their practices so that they can create the life experiences that matter most to them and their families. What’s margin? It’s their combination of time, money, and freedom to make the magic happen.
And I practice what I preach: since March 2010, I’ve created the time, money, and freedom to travel full time in an RV throughout the United States and Canada with my wife and our two dogs because that is the experience that matters most to me.
Now I realize that living in an RV is not everyone’s cup of tea. And that’s ok. But I know that everyone has their version of their cup of tea. I also know the cup is right in front of you … you just have to see it … and grab it.
If you are looking for COACHING and have a passion for being creative and working differently …
If you are looking for TRAINING and want programs that will improve your marketing and positioning skills …
If you are looking for CONSULTING and need feedback on reports you’ve prepared or help with complex valuation projects …
Then this is the place for you.
And I am the person you should be working with because I am the only practice development coach serving only the BVFLS profession.
The Nitty Gritty
I founded Burkert Valuation Advisors, LLC in July 2000. I’ve reinvented my firm several times since then, ultimately building a location independent consulting practice by leveraging my professional network, using social media, exploiting technology, and studying buyers of our professional services.
If you an entrepreneurially-oriented BVFLS professional looking to do remarkable things in your practice and with your life, I can help you dramatically close the gap between where you are now and where you want to be one year from now.
Why It Matters
When you strip away the hoopla – finding the work, pricing the work, doing the work – we all want our professional practices to provide a sense of purpose, satisfaction, and freedom. If you had the chance for a do-over, the ability to redesign your practice today, what would it look like?
Well, stop imagining and let’s start working together. People are talking about it, and some of it is actually good! Picture yourself being part of this community:
I’ve found your coaching to be much more valuable than I expected when I signed up, and I appreciate the personal interest you have shown in my particular situation. Thank you very, very much.
– Ted Phelps | President, Phelps Consulting Group
Practice Self Assessment
Looking for some immediate feedback?
While you’re here, get a Practice Self Assessment It’s 10 quick questions that can help you get a sense of how well your practice is working for you now. (It is supposed to be working for you, you know!)
I will review your answers and offer suggestions that will help you make choices about where and how to make changes to your practice so that it best serves you. It’s free, and I will not call you … just send you one email with my thoughts.
Also, you will not be automatically subscribed to my newsletter. But if you would like to subscribe, you can do so on the sidebar →
This is all about my qualifications to help you …
- I started Burkert Valuation Advisors in 2000 when I felt I had accumulated the skills and confidence to open my own practice.
- Based on that experience, I began coaching BVFLS professionals in 2013 to mentor them in the marketing and positioning skills they need.
- I am a long-time instructor for NACVA’s Consultants Training Institute, which develops and presents BVFLS educational programs.
- I was named a Pioneer of the Profession as part of NACVA’s Industry Titans awards at their June 2016 Annual Conference.
- I am a regular contributing author to Business Valuation Update, The Value Examiner, Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert, and QuickRead.
To give us something fun to talk about …
- I was born in Reading, PA – circa 1956.
- I am a son, brother, father, and grandfather.
- The best songs are the 50s and 60s oldies; I like the 80s music, too.
- I jumped out of an airplane once. I’d do it again.
- I love the aroma of the coffee aisle.
- I’m a life-long Yankees fan and a Packers fan my marriage.
- I’ve been living/working/traveling full time in an RV since 2010.
- It really is all about the journey.
BVFLS colleagues have asked me why I chose ORANGE as a theme color.
Aren’t sites like this usually draped in blues and grays?
Yes … and that is why I chose something different.
Because I am not like everyone else!
According to color psychology, orange is fun.
It uplifts, gives confidence, and creates joy.
It is optimistic, dynamic, and radiates warmth.
It is the color of adventure and spontaneity.
And it sparks enthusiasm.
Orange is absolutely right for me and the work I do here.
I hope you feel it on this site as much as I do!