My practice is all about helping individuals, businesses, and attorneys determine or resolve questions of value.
So when it comes to consulting with you about your valuation reports or special projects, it’s not my first rodeo.
Report Review Service
For better or worse, our professional reputations come down to the reports we deliver. And, frankly, there’s just too much liability involved not to have your report reviewed by a third party. If you are wondering if I can help, ask yourself:
Do I need a second set of eyes to review my draft report?
- I can be your “first partner” quality assurance review.
Do I need it completed within a reasonable time frame?
- My turnaround is guaranteed within 3 business days.
Do I need it done at a reasonable cost?
- My price is a fixed fee based on report complexity.
Sounds pretty good so far, right? Especially if you are a sole practitioner or work at a small firm and don’t feel there is a qualified person there to review your report.
Here’s how my report review service works:
- You submit your report in PDF format.
- I review your report and email you comments about areas of possible adjustment in your application of assumptions, data, methodologies, etc.
- We hold a 1-hour follow-up conference call to discuss my comments in detail.
So you see, obtaining assurance about your report’s credibility doesn’t have to be a daunting, time-consuming, expensive task. And, of course, I hold our working relationship in strict confidence.
Rod recently reviewed a valuation report for a gift tax engagement. His comments and guidance proved invaluable to me for several reasons, but I really appreciated his patience and “common sense” talk on issues that I hadn’t thought of. Since I am the only one in my office working on valuation engagements, having Rod on my side is a very good thing!
– Lisa Patterson, CPA, CFE, CVA
Special Project Consulting
During my career, I’ve discovered that my unique ability is identifying and avoiding potholes … figuratively speaking, of course. It’s why I offer project consulting services for appraisers who want to carry the laboring oar, but need some help with specific tasks at a deeper level.
Here are some examples of the type of consulting services I have performed:
- Economic overviews and their effect on the valuation.
- Industry outlooks and their effect on the valuation.
- Completed transaction methodology.
- Cost of capital analysis and support.
- Discount analysis and support.
- Valuation strategy discussions.
- Preparation of reports, schedules, and exhibits.
- Drafting critique and rebuttal reports.
- Outlining direct and cross-examination questions.
The work papers, electronic files, and other materials I gather or create during my engagement are your property. And, of course, I hold our working relationship in strict confidence.
You can download my draft project consulting engagement letter for all of the details and contact me if you would like more information.
I consider Rod to be one of the thought leaders of our profession. He is ethically strong and intellectually sound in his work and a pleasure to do business with. I have known Rod personally and professionally for years and recommend him highly in all respects.
– Ron Seigneur | Seigneur Gustafson, LLP