My practice is all about helping individuals, businesses, and attorneys determine or resolve questions of value.
So when it comes to consulting with you about your valuation reports or special projects, it’s not my first rodeo.
For better or worse, our professional reputations come down to the reports we deliver. And, frankly, there’s just too much liability not to have your reports reviewed by a third party. If you are wondering if I can help, ask yourself:
Do I need to better manage the risk and quality control of my report?
- I developed the curriculum and have taught all of NACVA’s Report Writing, Review & Analysis webinars since 2013.
Do I need it completed within a reasonable time frame?
- My turnaround is guaranteed within 3 business days.
Do I need it done at a reasonable cost?
- You control the number of hours I spend on your report.
So you see, obtaining assurance about your report’s credibility doesn’t have to be a daunting, time-consuming, expensive task. And, of course, I hold our working relationship in strict confidence.
Rod recently reviewed a valuation report for a gift tax engagement. His comments and guidance proved invaluable to me for several reasons, but I really appreciated his patience and “common sense” talk on issues that I hadn’t thought of. Since I am the only one in my office working on valuation engagements, having Rod on my side is a very good thing!
– Lisa Patterson, CPA, CFE, CVA
During my career, I’ve discovered that my unique ability is identifying and avoiding potholes … figuratively speaking, of course. It’s why I offer project consulting services for appraisers and attorneys who want help with specific tasks.
Here are some examples of the type of consulting services I have performed for BVFLS colleagues:
- Valuation strategy discussions.
- Economic overviews and their effect on the valuation.
- Industry outlooks and their effect on the valuation.
- Cost of capital analysis and support.
- Discount analysis and support.
And here are common types of consulting work I have performed for attorneys:
- Appraisal reviews conforming to USPAP Standard 3 for litigation.
- Business valuation standards compliance reviews.
- Preparing opposing expert critique and rebuttal reports.
- Outlining direct and cross-examination questions.
The work papers, electronic files, and other materials I gather or create during my engagement are your property. And, of course, I hold our working relationship in strict confidence.
You can download my draft project consulting engagement letter for all of the details and contact me if you would like more information.
I consider Rod to be one of the thought leaders of our profession. He is ethically strong and intellectually sound in his work and a pleasure to do business with. I have known Rod personally and professionally for years and recommend him highly in all respects.
– Ron Seigneur | Seigneur Gustafson, LLP
I charge for all of my consulting work on an hourly basis, and I offer three different packages of hours to choose from:
- 5 hours @ $295/hour
- 10 hours @ $285/hour
- 20+ hours @ $275/hour
Packages are prepaid via PayPal and are non-refundable … but unused hours stay in your account for one year from the date of purchase.