I offer on-site and distance learning programs for BVFLS firms and individual professionals that improve practice development skills.
Our marketplace is more competitive, our leads prospects, clients, and referral sources are more knowledgeable, and we vie for attention with DIY websites. Our audience questions our value (pricing) and wonders what more we have to offer.
1st, today’s playing field is a digitally connected economy, and the marketing skills you learned have changed. How do you build the practice you want in this environment? Where your clients can come from anywhere in the country, if not the world, and the same is true of your competition?
→ Like it or not, you need to be more marketing driven. You’ll want to augment the practice development, management, positioning, and pricing skills you already have – and then communicate your value to your leads, prospects, clients, and referral sources.
2nd, authority is your competitive advantage. It stems from having specialized knowledge … being known for what you know … advancing your unique perspective of that expertise … getting recognized for it … and leading buyers of BVFLS services to your door.
→ Authority. All of our industry titans have it … it’s time to build yours. You’ll want to create an action plan that will simultaneously build and showcase your thought leadership in the practice area or industry niche that you want to dominate.
Training for Firms
Practice Builder Bootcamp: 6 Strategies to Elevate Your Business Development Success is a 6-session, 6-hour blueprint created to build the authority of “need-to-be” rainmakers in medium and large BVFLS practices, congruent with the identity and culture of your firm.
- Session 1 – Attracting buyers of our professional BVFLS services
- Session 2 – Creating a standout statement that differentiates you
- Session 3 – Using social media to find leads and convert them into prospects
- Session 4 – Managing four communication pillars to build authority
- Session 5 – Designing an efficient/effective content marketing strategy
- Session 6 – Creating an actionable marketing plan to showcase authority
There is no “theory” taught here. The webinars will teach your firm’s practitioners WHAT to do, WHY and HOW to do it, and guide them WHILE THEY DO IT.
The pricing for this webinar series is $4,000, regardless of the number of professionals attending.
The key thing our people got from this bootcamp was the need to plan in advance for developing authority in our individual practice areas. We learned what needs to be done … now it is time to execute!!!
– Christopher King, CPA, CVA, ABV, CMA, MAFF, CFF | Partner Matson Driscoll & Damico, LLP
Rod’s bootcamp sessions helped our firm understand how we can become visible experts in our field and how we can market our expertise to a targeted audience of potential clients.
– Mark Orndorff, CFA, ASA | Principal Southard Financial, LLC
Our firm participated in Rod’s Practice Builder Bootcamp. It helped us understand how to become visible experts and how we can market our expertise. Also, Rod provided our firm with several tools that we have incorporated into our daily activities. This has allowed us to reach a critical mass and develop a more consistent market presence.
– Charles Amodio, CPA, CFF, MAFF | Partner Ferraro, Amodio & Zarecki CPAs
Participating in Rod’s Practice Builder Bootcamp has provided our firm with invaluable tools and motivation in a key area of our firm’s continued success by getting us over the “how do we do it” hurdle. His action-oriented techniques were easy to implement and have afforded each team member the opportunity to contribute to the firm’s, as well as their own, market presence and success on a more consistent basis.
– Steven Boyles, CPA/CFF/ABV, ASA | Partner Hemming Morse, LLP
Training for Professionals
Based on feedback I’ve received from practitioners like you, I am developing four courses to help BVFLS professionals of all stripes be more efficient, effective, and profitable in growing their practices and improving how they market to leads, prospects, clients, and referral sources:
- Best Practices of Practicing Solo
- Yes, You Can Raise Your Fees – Here’s How
- Using Social Media to Expand Your Sphere of Influence
- Specialization: How to Find, Create & Build Your BVFLS Niche
These courses are based on my experiences as a solo practitioner since July 2000, my “Practicing Solo” interviews appearing in every issue of The Value Examiner since December 2011, and successfully cultivating new projects using social media after I began my full-time RV work-life in March 2010.
If you are interested, sit tight! I will be announcing the courses as they roll out. The best way to get the latest scoop is to sign up for my newsletter (see the sidebar →).
In 1997, I attended my first business valuation training. Rod was one of the instructors. Since then, I have enjoyed his presentations and newsletters about developing a BVFLS practice. For over 20 years, Rod has been a leader in this area.
– James Koerber | The Koerber Company, PA
What Makes My Programs Different
I regularly find myself in CPE webinars, and I feel your pain. Too much being covered in too little time in text-dense slide decks that simply can’t be absorbed. My programs are different because:
1st, they are taught live and offer a live video feed of yours truly. You’ll be able to see me talking to you.
2nd, class size is limited so it feels more like a classroom than an auditorium. And if you have a question you can ask it live online and get an answer straight away.
3rd, your materials include slides, templates I use in my practice, lists of suggested readings and resources, and a recording of the program so you can relax and focus on what’s being said instead of frantically taking notes.
4th, they help you make or save time and money by having you take calculated positioning, messaging, and marketing changes that produce 10x results.
Why I Am Qualified to Guide You
Notice that I used the word “guide” and not “teach” or “instruct.” The former implies listening to you and collaborating on shared learning objectives and outcomes … the latter implies a talking head and collectively crossing our fingers that you “get it” and will be able to apply the training.
Also, learning takes place at the intersection of education and experience.
I know I offer both:
- In one way, shape, or form I’ve been doing valuations since the late 1980s and have had my own solo practice since 2000.
- Between 1996 and 2005, I was a member of and a lead instructor for NACVA’s Consultants Training Institute.
- I missed the classroom environment and rejoined NACVA’s live and online teaching circuit in 2011.
- I am the recipient of various NACVA instructor awards, including Circle of Light and Instructor of the Year.
- I was named a Pioneer of the Profession as part of NACVA’s Industry Titans awards at their June 2016 Annual Conference.
- Besides NACVA, I have spoken on valuation matters for the AICPA, ASA, ALI-ABA, state CPA societies, chambers of commerce, estate planning councils, bar associations, law firms, and private banking groups.
- I am a contributing author to Business Valuation Update, The Value Examiner, Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert, and QuickRead on the subjects of my courses.
I have not applied for NASBA approval, so you won’t get CPE credit from me. Does that make my programs less valuable to you? No. And if you find yourself fretting about the lack of CPE credit, you may not be the best fit for these programs.
Because the key selling point is that my programs can generate – literally – tens of thousands of dollars in incremental revenue for your firm vs a few hours of CPE that is not likely to be the difference in anyone’s recertification or re-licensing.
All that said, if your firm is a NASBA-approved CPE provider, I will do whatever I can on my end to make sure your staff gets CPE credit for the firm training.