We have a large body of BVFLS knowledge that teaches us how to do the work, but few resources that teach us how to get the work.
Have You Hit a Ceiling?
Do you have the time, money, and freedom you want? Are you stuck in “Survival” or “Stability” mode … treading water and feeling frustrated by your limitations? Do any of these pain points sound/feel familiar to you?
- More competition
- No differentiation
- Little specialization
- DIY valuation websites
- Competing on the basis of price
- A 1:1 client service model that does not scale
- Mired in this is the way it has always been done
What do you need help with? Because at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter how good you are at doing the work if you can’t get, or profitably complete, the work.
I want to thank you again for all your help. It feels like the first time in my career where I have some definitive direction. I attribute this to you.
– Malcolm McLelland | McLelland + Palazzi
What Does the Alternative Look Like?
The BVFLS world is a fantastic profession. You get to help people and solve problems – sometimes big ones. But you likely fell into the profession rather than pursuing it on purpose. Thus, the work is a means, not an end in and of itself.
That’s why the primary goals of your practice should be generating the time, money, and freedom you need to create the experiences that matter most to you and your family.
For me, that’s full-time traveling with my wife and dogs in our RV and seeing as much as we can, for as long as we can, together. All while running my valuation consulting practice. It’s not work-life balance – it’s just life.
I can help you achieve your “RV-equivalent” experience by helping you build and grow your practice. Imagine what it looks like to you. That is the alternative: a life with less stress, more stability, and a greater financial impact in and with your work.
Thank you for all that you do. I was in your first coaching group and it helped tremendously. In fact, this year my revenues are up 40% over last year. I’m feeling the stress of success and much of it is your fault!
– Thomas Stevenson | Stevenson Valuation Group
My Coaching Framework
Colleagues I talk to want more direction when it comes to expanding their practice development efforts. They want to know what to do and how to do it because they’ve given up believing they’ll find the time to figure “it” out by themselves.
They also mention their need for help with follow through and accountability when it comes to the strategies and tactics of building their practice. They know what they need to do … they just don’t do it.
The framework I use to close the gap between the practice you have and the practice you want is my 4 Pillars of BVFLS Practice Development™.
- Authority is being known for what you know.
- Positioning is who you serve.
- Messaging is what makes you different.
- Marketing is where you show up.
- Business Model is how you generate revenue.
My coaching philosophy is simple: When your positioning, messaging, marketing, and business model ATTRACTS the right leads and prospects, CONVERTS them into satisfied clients or referral sources, and DELIVERS your niched services, you can turn the practice you have into the practice you want.
My Coaching Process
Step 1 is the JUMPSTART, an intensive interview where we get to the heart of your practice and where you want to take it.
- Who it’s for: Practitioners willing to risk a small investment of time and money to get a high-level assessment of their branding and presence in their relevant marketplace. Everyone starts here.
- What it is: A 2 hour interview plus a review of your website and LinkedIn profile – all designed to let you see your practice through the critical lens of a “management interview” with another business appraiser.
- What you get: An 8-9 page brief that identifies your situation, goals, and needs … giving you an executable plan to move you in the direction that answers your prospects’ most important question: Why should I hire you?
- Your investment: $1,800.
Step 2 is the ROADTRIP, a customized monthly modular program that will strengthen your positioning, messaging, marketing, and business model.
- Who it’s for: Practitioners who want structure and a roadmap for the changes they know they need to make and who want help being held accountable for the things they know they must do.
- What it is: Twice-monthly, 1-hour coaching calls, unlimited email support between calls, and a ton of resources – all to clarify the various strategies, tactics, and tools we implement under each pillar.
- What you get: A path for transformation that will guide you away from best practices, one-size-fits-all solutions, or what everyone else is doing so you stand out in the practice area or industry niche you want to dominate.
- Your investment: $900 per month, month-to-month (no contract) – which includes 1 hour of CPE for each coaching call. $900 of your JumpStart fee is credited toward your first month of coaching, making that month free.
Who Is This Coaching For?
I collaborate primarily with professionals who run 1-3 person BVFLS practices. The common denominator: they want better clients and referral sources, but struggle to find the time to focus on practice development, practice management, and related technologies to make it happen. Is that you?
Most practitioners reach out to me when they feel confident about what they do but are having difficulties connecting with leads and prospects and landing clients and referral sources.
What Is Your Outcome?
I focus on finding practical solutions to your problems. I don’t give you content … I give you a path. It’s not done FOR you. It’s not done BY you. It’s done WITH you.
IF YOU DO THE WORK, I guarantee the lifetime financial benefits you reap will be multiples of your coaching investment through additional engagements you win as a direct result of our collaboration.
And what about the “psychic return” you receive from having less stress, more stability, and greater impact in your personal and business life? Well that, as they say, is priceless.
What to Do Now
When it comes to your practice, who is supporting and challenging you to get better? Because getting better – REALLY better – will happen faster if you work with someone who understands the journey. Someone like me … the only practice development coach serving only the BVFLS profession.
Do you want to learn more? Schedule a strategy call with me and we’ll discuss how to get started on the path of turning the practice you have into the practice you want! I look forward to talking to you, working with you, and moving the needle on your practice further, faster.
Still trying to decide whether to pull the trigger? Get a Practice Self Assessment It’s 10 quick questions that can help you get a sense of how well your practice is working for you now. (It is supposed to be working for you, you know!) I will review your answers and offer suggestions that will help you make choices about where and how to make changes to your practice so that it best serves you. It’s free, and I will not call you … just send you one email with my thoughts.
Rod established his coaching practice to assist professionals in building their practices with an eye toward quality of life issues. His aim is to help professionals build practices that they actually enjoy and which leave time for the truly meaningful things in life. Rod is committed to this endeavor, and he is good at it. I wholeheartedly recommend him to those who want to learn how to grow their practice efficiently and profitably.
– Ted Phelps | President, Phelps Consulting Group